Mailbag: Concern About Dez's Surgery? Addressing The CB Spot?

18:43 DC4L 0 Comments


AARON WOOLSEY
SACRAMENTO, CA
Should there be any concern for Dez? Do you think he's going to lose a step now after this surgery?

Bryan: I don’t believe so. If anything, what I know about Bryant and the way he works coming back from injury, he is likely to be even better. I think what will help him this time around is that he is not getting ready for a game so he can take his time and gain more confidence about the repair.
David: I’m not a doctor, but I feel encouraged by the fact that Dez is going to have four months to recuperate before the offseason program gets into full swing – and roughly six months until training camp. Julio Jones dealt with a similar injury two years ago, and he has recovered nicely. So no – I’m not too worried.

T.J. MCCAULEY
NEW MARKET, MD
Am I out of line thinking cornerback is by far the defenses biggest concern going into 2016? Carr's large cap hit if he stays, Scandrick’s injury, Mo potentially leaving, Byron (hopefully) playing safety... Not to mention the already existing underproduction in terms of turnovers... I wouldn't be surprised if two corners are taken this draft, and early. Thoughts?

Bryan: I could see that one cornerback taken and likely high in the draft. They are liking what they are seeing from Deji Olatoye and Terrance Mitchell, so that could keep them from adding that second guy. Depending on if they address the safety position say with a guy like Jalen Ramsey then you could see Byron Jones moving outside.
David: I agree with everything you’re saying, which is why it won’t surprise me if cornerback is one of the first positions they address in this draft. It didn’t work out the way they wanted it to when they drafted Claiborne No. 6 overall back in 2012, but I think they’d have to seriously consider taking a corner with this top-10 pick. We’ll see.

dallascowboys.com

0 comments: